- 9780792370390 Pluralism and Law (Soeteman, A. (Hrs…
- 9789401727020 Pluralism and Law (A. Soeteman)
- 9783515083621 Pluralism and Law: Proceedings of th…
- 9783515084468 Pluralism and Law: 3 (Archiv Fur Rec…
Detailseite wird geladen...
AREND SOETEMAN In the past we lived on one earth, but in many different worlds. Different civilisations, in regions far apart, knew about one another (at least from about the 16th century), they competed with one another or tried to dominate the other, they influenced one another, but in many important aspects they were independent from one another. Somewhere in the 20th century, however, this changed. There is no far apart anymore. We have lived through two European wars, which developed into world wars. Modem aeroplanes allow us to travel in only a couple of hours around the world. Instant communication between individuals who have the whole globe in between is a reality. There still exist great differences between different civilisations. But they can ignore one another only at their peril. They deeply influence one another. Today, therefore, we live in one world. Conflicts in the Middle East, in Rwanda and Uganda or in the former Yugoslavia have their impact all over the world. Violations of human rights, no matter where, are increasingly considered to be the concern of all of us. The whims and caprices of some dictator may influence the spending possibilities of the general public far away. A. Soeteman, Books, Religion and Spirituality, Pluralism and Law Books>Religion and Spirituality, Springer-Verlag/Sci-Tech/Trade
new Free shipping on orders above $25. Verzendingskosten:zzgl. Versandkosten., exclusief verzendingskosten
What can we say about justice in a pluralist world? Is there some universal justice? Are there universal human rights? What is the function of the state in the modern world? Such are the problems dealt with by the 20th world congress of the International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (Amsterdam, June 2001) and published in this book, which is for legal and social philosophers, students of human rights, and political philosophers. Books Books ~~ Philosophy~~ General Pluralism-and-Law~~A-Soeteman Springer Netherlands What can we say about justice in a pluralist world? Is there some universal justice? Are there universal human rights? What is the function of the state in the modern world? Such are the problems dealt with by the 20th world congress of the International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (Amsterdam, June 2001) and published in this book, which is for legal and social philosophers, students of human rights, and political philosophers.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Verzendingskosten:exclusief verzendingskosten
2016, ISBN: 9048157226
[EAN: 9789048157228], Neubuch, [PU: Springer], PLURALISM AND LAW, PRINT ON DEMAND Book; New; Publication Year 2016; Not Signed; Fast Shipping from the UK.
Ria Christie Collections, Uxbridge, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK. Verzendingskosten: EUR 4.70
2010, ISBN: 9789048157228
1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2001, Softcover, Buch, [PU: Springer]
Verzendingskosten:Versand in 10 - 20 TagenNicht kurzfristig lieferbar, versandkostenfrei in der BRD (EUR 0.00)
Gedetalleerde informatie over het boek. - Pluralism and Law
EAN (ISBN-13): 9789048157228
ISBN (ISBN-10): 9048157226
Uitgever: Springer-Verlag GmbH
Gewicht: 0,596 kg
Boek bevindt zich in het datenbestand sinds 08.12.2011 16:16:45
Boek voor het laatst gevonden op 31.05.2018 16:28:59
ISBN - alternatieve schrijfwijzen:
< naar Archief...
- "Colouring Textiles", van "Agusti Nieto-Galan" (9789048157211)
- "The 3-D Heliosphere at Solar Maximum", van "R.G. Marsden" (9789048157235)
- "Frontiers in Belief Revision (Applied Logic Series)", van "M. Williams, Hans Rott" (9789048157204)
- "Tropical Forest Canopies: Ecology and Management", van "K. E. Linsenmair; C. M. Davis; B. Fiala; M. R. Speight" (9789048157242)
- "Interactive Dynamics of Convection and Solidification", van "Peter Ehrhard" (9789048157198)
- "Chronology and Evolution of Mars: Proceedings of an ISSI Workshop, 10-14 April 2000, Bern, Switzerland (Space Sciences Series of ISSI)", van "R. Kallenbach, Johannes Geiss, W.K. Hartmann" (9789048157259)