Detailseite wird geladen...
Though with considerable delay, most of the writings of Polish logicians of the inter-war period are now available in English. This is not yet true of Polish philosophy. In the present volume English-speaking readers will fmd, for the first time, a sizeable collection of the articles of one of the most original and distinguished of Poland's philosophers of the present century, Kazimierz Ajdukiewicz (1890-1963). To be sure, Ajdukiewicz was a philosopher-logician from the beginning of his career. His first work of some importance, a monograph entitled From the Methodology of the Deductive Sciences (1921 post-dated; two abstracts published in 1919/20) exhibited two features which were to become charac teristic of the style of his later philosophy: On the one hand the monograph was the result of Ajdukiewicz's deep interest in the systems of modern logic, the foundations of mathematics, in the properties of deductive systems and their relevance to philosophy; on the other hand the monograph was an attempt at developing an 'understanding methodology' (in the sense of Gennan 'Verstehende Methodologie') of deductive sciences, i. e. a pragmatic study of axiomatic systems which would supplement purely formal investiga tions of those systems. The fonner made him a close ally oflogical empiricists; the latter was rooted in the henneneutic tradition of the second half of the 19th century (Dilthey) which spilled over into the 20th century (Spranger) and which was not cherished at all by logical empiricists. Books > History Soft cover, Springer Shop
new in stock. Verzendingskosten:zzgl. Versandkosten., exclusief verzendingskosten
Gedetalleerde informatie over het boek. - The Scientific World-Perspective and Other Essays, 1931–1963
EAN (ISBN-13): 9789401011228
Uitgever: Springer Shop
Boek bevindt zich in het datenbestand sinds 2019-02-26T11:25:57+01:00 (Amsterdam)
Detailpagina laatst gewijzigd op 2019-02-26T11:25:57+01:00 (Amsterdam)
ISBN - alternatieve schrijfwijzen:
< naar Archief...
- "Methodology of History", van "Y. Topolski" (9789401011235)
- "Scientific World-Perspective and Other Essays, 1931-1963", van "J. Giedymin" (9789401011204)
- "Methodology of Sociological Research: General Problems", van "Stefan Nowak" (9789401011198)
- "Methodology of History Y. Topolski Author", van "Topolski, Y." (9789401011259)
- "Twenty-Five Years of Logical Methodology in Poland", van "Marian Przelecki; Ryszard Wojcicki" (9789401011266)
- "Methodology of Sociological Research", van "S. Nowak" (9789401011174)